Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By kate1
  • 1 Post By scotslizzy
  • 4 Post By Doogz1874
  • 1 Post By Tone
  • 1 Post By allanglens
  • 3 Post By Rosie34
  • 3 Post By Alcanada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-06-2016, 11:57

Default Where are all the restuarant reviews

I am coming out on Friday and although we have our favourites we need some inspiration . Love reading them.

Scotslizzy
Sponsored Links
Old 13-06-2016, 12:45

Hi Lizzy - we were out in April and went to several new (to us) places - though the details are hazy now I can thoroughly recommend the following:

Ca'n Panxo - great food and service, and though the outside terrace lacks a view they have made it look very pretty. Probably the best meal that we had during our two-week stay;

Casa Vila and Marina Brasserie - lovely food at both, with more of an Italian emphasis at Vila where the MDD is incredibly good value if you are ravenous. Very good quality ingredients and real thought has gone into the menu. I understand the new Casa Vila di Mare towards Llenaire is excellent too.

Have a great time!
LK1960 likes this.
Old 13-06-2016, 12:59

Default Thanks Kate

We always visit Stay so know what you are on about with that one. Will try Ca'n Panxo .

Also Sparky has very kindly booked us into El Posito so that two sorted or even three including Stay .

We promised ourselves that we would try some ne ones this year as we tend to go back to our favs each year .

Friday morning flight for us so will be there for 1.00 yippee !!

Cheers

Scotslizzy
Pina likes this.
Old 13-06-2016, 13:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotslizzy View Post
I am coming out on Friday and although we have our favourites we need some inspiration . Love reading them.

Scotslizzy
I'll hopefully have something posted soon ..... assuming the boss doesn't need any work done
Old 13-06-2016, 15:01

yes where are all the reviews?
cumberland8 likes this.
Old 13-06-2016, 19:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone View Post
yes where are all the reviews?
No-one is eating out, they're all too busy checking for faults in the new pavements; and seeking out a sunbed and brolly!
jp likes this.
Old 13-06-2016, 19:15

We were staying in the countryside so ate in more often than usual – lovely peaceful setting so long warm evenings with a bbq were irresistible!

I cant remember now exactly what we had or the exact prices but ……….

We were really looking forward to visiting C’an Balache since Maureen and Kenny are there now and Kenny is such a fabulous chef – Fletchers, Citrus and Tribeca. Lovely to see them again but sadly the food wasn’t up to the usual standard. Maureen said that the kitchen facilities are quite restrictive so we were a bit disappointed with the food – but his Caramel Shortcake was superb! I really hope that things improve for them as he is such a great chef and Maureen is great as front of house. (about 48 euros)

We visited Maxims again and were not disappointed – great Bruschetta to start and the Chicken and Crispy Bacon salad is gorgeous! (approx. 50 euros)

We had a couple of visits to Stefanos (near Gotmar) and this is such a lovely stylish restaurant without being at all pretentious. The portions are enormous – both pasta and the Pollo Milanese. I had the Fillet in Wine/Balsamic reduction on second visit and it was just superb. Great value – think 50+ euros

We had our usual delicious veggie paella ta Cellar La Parra which was great value at 30+ euros including wine, water and coffee.

We went to Portofino (ex Lume & el Pozo) and this was an interesting experience. Although the tablecloths could do with a change (not the cleanest) the lovely courtyard setting is relaxing as ever. Excellent Caprese Salad and Mussels to start (not all for me!) and an enormous pizza (which I had no chance of finishing) and hubby loved his Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino – declared it the best pasta dish he has had! I had the Tarta Naranja to finish and it was just mouth watering and I didn’t want it to end! And a couple of limoncino ‘on the houses’ to finish, both of which I had to drink as hubby doesn’t drink! Great value at less than 60 euros. Certainly be back there.

We did consider trying the new one Vela de Mar (?) ex Ancla but looking at the menu and seeing a bruschetta starter for 15 euros we thought ‘are you having a laff’! (great bruschetta at Maxims at half the price) so we continued to Portofino and booked at Swing for the following night.

Swing is great! I didn’t have a starter but hubby had an interesting prawn starter. I had the pork main – I cannot remember its title but it had a distinctly Morrocan flavour and was delicious (had it last year) and he had a fish dish which he loved. Sadly couldn’t manage a pud though. Great meal – about 58 euros or thereabouts.

So, a lovely relaxing 2 weeks which included a trip down south to Isla Cabrera which was quite exciting in view of the choppy sea – but that’s another story ……!
LK1960, scotslizzy and mike_dublin like this.
Old 13-06-2016, 20:17

Was out for a week recently. We ate at the following places:

El Posito - great food and a little eccentric in a good way
Il Giardino - in the square in Pollensa, always good and in an iconic setting
Can Ferra - in my opinion the best value for money restaurant in the port
Stay - never had a bad meal there
Stefano - agree totally with Rosie34 in her post above
Cala Barques - in Cala San Vicente, great location, food ok but over priced was my take on this place

On one day we had lunch at Marina Brasserie, been there before several times and like it a lot.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Alcanada; 13-06-2016 at 23:53.