Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-10-2015, 16:10

Went to c'an Panxo last week. I'm not sure but for me it didn't quite seem to be what it looks like. Although the food was OK, it was not as good as the price being charged and all the food arrived far too quickly for freshly prepared. Also trying to pass off a very cheap sweet Muscat wine as a freebie at the end did not reflect well either. I felt a little cheated.
debz1 likes this.
Old 30-10-2015, 16:24

GG we went last week and after my review saying it was fabulous a few weeks ago we too felt cheated. The menu had completely changed from when we had been in September. I ordered a starter of scrambled egg and chorizo on a bed of calamari, which sounded slightly odd but a bit different. When it arrived it was soggy (frozen?) calamari, chorizo and two fried eggs The waitress, who was lovely, then proceeded to chop it all up at the table. Think this was the 'scrambling' and it got lost in translation! It actually tasted quite nice but did not compare to the 'sharing' starters in the Summer. When we asked why the menu had changed we were told the chef had finished for the season and they had had to simplify the menu! They weren't kidding

The first time we went had been served beautiful, freshly cooked and presented food, and it was on a par with Marina Brasserie. It was so good it would have definitely been in my top 5 places.

Let's hope the chef returns next year as I feel a lot of people who went while they were serving the original menu will be very disappointed
Old 31-10-2015, 14:41

Went twice in May when our 'kids' were here - lovely jubbly!!
Old 05-04-2016, 15:19

After reading the recent ambivalent reviews we felt a bit nervous about trying this restaurant for the first time - it can often be hard to live up to Number One TA billing, and at first our fears appeared to have been justified. Not sure what had happened but their system of waiting on tables seemed to have gone a bit awry with much discussion going on between the staff and a feel of impending chaos - I was presented with a plate of food almost immediately which I clearly couldn't have ordered given that I hadn't yet taken my coat off (or indeed been given a menu) - and for some reason we waited another fifteen minutes before a waiter approached us to present the menus and take our drinks orders. We almost walked out - but I'm so glad we didn't, because from then on the evening went without a hitch. And the food - it was just amazing. Quite innovative and really delicious. Our marinated salmon - which I'd assumed would be similar to smoked salmon - was in fact quite chunky pieces of fish, more like sushi, and served with crispy squares of pastry and a gorgeous sauce with an Asian twist; prawn spring rolls were full of succulent prawns and very flavoursome. OH ordered the black pig with mango and said it was one of the most interesting and best things he had eaten in a restaurant for a very long time; I was quite jealous, but my 'Grandma's' veal cheek stew was rich, dark and filling, with fantastic home made gnocchi - lovely on what was quite a chilly evening. As others have said, the bread and allioli must be amongst the best in the Port. We don't normally do pudding but couldn't resist sharing a jar of tiramisu. I would agree with GG that offering a choice of digestifs at the end would be more befitting of what is actually a restaurant with quite a high-end menu, and Muscat really isn't everyone's choice, but it's a minor quibble. We loved the atmosphere too - it had a real family feel and the decor was traditional and cosy - the outside area was really attractive too but we weren't quite brave enough! This has gone straight into our Top Three, maybe even Two - would thoroughly recommend.
debz1, LK1960 and El Gordo like this.

Last edited by kate1; 05-04-2016 at 15:33.