Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By Nick
  • 1 Post By shotokan
  • 1 Post By Canbalache
  • 1 Post By PB1
  • 1 Post By Rangers1
  • 1 Post By Hamcas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-03-2015, 10:59

Default October

Hi just wanted to ask we are thinking of coming over for 5 days the last week of October and wanted to know if there are plenty of places still open to eat at etc? Been before in April and it was fine but just wanted to know for October. Also having made enquires from this site for apartments for 4 nights most people only want to let for a week anyone happy to let for 4 nights? Thanks Gordon
Sponsored Links
Old 28-03-2015, 11:07
Super Moderator

Even the places that close for the winter are usually open until the 31st so you will be fine .
Rangers1 likes this.
Old 28-03-2015, 13:10
Banned

I'd struggle to think of any that were shut, let alone open!
Rangers1 likes this.
Old 28-03-2015, 13:36

A quick search on Alpharooms shows there are plenty of apartments that will do you a rental for any number of nights... e.g. Puerto Azul, Bellamar, etc. (although the Bellamar is compact bit's looking smart since its refurbishment and all apartments have sea views... good if just out on a quick dash).

Hope you get what you are looking for!
Rangers1 likes this.
Old 28-03-2015, 14:25

We've had family come over in October the last 3 years staying between 3 & 5 days they have never had a problem getting accommodation and as has been said in other posts we are nearly all still open until the end of October
Rangers1 likes this.

British Meals and Snacks
Old 28-03-2015, 19:58

Smile

We visit PP every October half term which is the last week in October. I love the port at that time of year.It's busy enough to feel like there are other people around but quiet enough to choose your table in restaurants etc. It sets you up for the British winter and the run up to Christmas.We've had some great accommodation from this site.
kate1 likes this.
Old 28-03-2015, 20:58

I totally endorse all the comments about how great PP can be in late October - by and large the weather is pretty good and pretty much everything stays open until 1 November - when, overnight, there is a mass shutdown. We have been coming to PP in October for more than ten years and it's a lovely time to be there - so peaceful. The only things which are really lacking are (sometimes) the sunbeds and umbrellas - and also some of the excursions (e.g. the boat trips and the No Frills ones) aren't running their regular timetable. Otherwise it's lovely - if you're around for Halloween it's really good fun - grab a table at Bonys and people-watch - some of the costumes are amazing!
Old 30-03-2015, 06:37

Thanks to you all for the replies. Looks like we are nearly sorted etc and having been to PP many times in the summer October will be something different.
Sparky likes this.
Old 30-03-2015, 10:54

Rangers, we went for 4 nights last October, arrived on 29th & left on 2nd November, had fantastic weather (may have been lucky) stayed at the Daina Appartments, really good. On the morning we were checking out they were closing that day. It is good to see the port closing down though some places are still open, think we had the distinction of having the last drink in Miramar before it shut down, we called in for a night cap about 10.30pm on way back to apartment & we were last to leave, I walked past early the next morning and the hotel was shut with paper up at windows & everything packed away. Its a surreal experience seeing places literally close down over night for the winter.
sws97sdg likes this.
Old 30-03-2015, 16:21

Default OT....slightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamcas View Post
Rangers, we went for 4 nights last October, arrived on 29th & left on 2nd November, had fantastic weather (may have been lucky) stayed at the Daina Appartments, really good. On the morning we were checking out they were closing that day. It is good to see the port closing down though some places are still open, think we had the distinction of having the last drink in Miramar before it shut down, we called in for a night cap about 10.30pm on way back to apartment & we were last to leave, I walked past early the next morning and the hotel was shut with paper up at windows & everything packed away. Its a surreal experience seeing places literally close down over night for the winter.
I agree hamcas...it's surreal - 2 years ago we were staying in the Daina the last night they shut down and felt sad seeing the staff preparing to shut it down (even though we knew come March it would be open again), but nothing beats something i saw a few years ago.
I was staying over in Colonia Sant Pere during March/April and visited Cala Ratajada for the first time. Me and the missus had a stroll down the front towards the harbour then went one road in past a huge outdoor bar that, to our eyes, was derelict. It was very sad to see 'cos we thought for a large resort, Cala Ratajada was very nice and this bar was an eyesore...anyway we carried on around to a lovely restaurant overlooking the harbour and had a leisurely lunch enjoying a beautiful paella and a bottle of white. Having enjoyed ourselves for no longer than 2.5 hours we headed back the same way to the car. We walked along the main road were this bar was and as we got outside it we looked at each other with our gobs open, pointing at this bar....it was about 10/15 mintues off opening! staff were running around cleaning the last of the tables, all the floors that had all the winter debris on 3 hours earlier, were swept clean and with the bar itself lit up was unrecognisable from what we'd saw 3 hours earlier....as Mr meldrew would say....unbelieeeeevable!
Old 30-03-2015, 19:19

On the other hand, several years ago my wife and I and kids were in Cala Rajada the last 14 days of October - at the Guya Mar I think. With three days to go the bar at the hotel had long since run out of draught beer, and we were on bottles of San Miguel only!!

At this time, in that building of 100 or so rooms, there were only three being used - how scary is that at night as you walk along the corridors. Must admit, we went down to Magaluf to enjoy british food for last three days - God was that good!!!

The moral of the story is NEVER knock good old Magaluf!!

However, I suppose that is why I hesitate to book PP for early spring next year!!