Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree29Likes
  • 3 Post By Sparky
  • 4 Post By littlebird
  • 2 Post By ragdollabbi
  • 6 Post By debz1
  • 2 Post By littlebird
  • 1 Post By slipalong & lola
  • 2 Post By debz1
  • 2 Post By sleepyboaby
  • 1 Post By car77
  • 3 Post By favie
  • 1 Post By Holidaynewbie
  • 1 Post By favie
  • 1 Post By Lorenzo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-05-2014, 16:46
Super Moderator

Default Welcome to Little Italy.

We are very pleased to announce that Little Italy are now advertising with us on our main website here Restaurants, Cafes, Bars in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca Mallorca .
debz1, Lorenzo and littlebird like this.

Last edited by pollensa; 23-05-2014 at 14:22. Reason: Added direct link to Little Italy
Sponsored Links
Old 21-05-2014, 17:33

Awesome Thinking they might be a great venue for our first meal of the holiday. Sounds like I'll need to book though. Do you think I'll be ok phoning them? My Spanish extends as far as "Quisiera reservar una mesa..." but if I get asked any follow up questions I'm gonna be stumped!
Old 21-05-2014, 19:11

Little Italy is always our first meal of the holiday. Roll on October
Belladonna and littlebird like this.
Old 21-05-2014, 21:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebird View Post
Awesome Thinking they might be a great venue for our first meal of the holiday. Sounds like I'll need to book though. Do you think I'll be ok phoning them? My Spanish extends as far as "Quisiera reservar una mesa..." but if I get asked any follow up questions I'm gonna be stumped!

Hi littlebird , you would definitely need to book if you are going in high season as it's so popular .The guys in Little Italy are a mix of Spanish and French so you could just mix it up a bit and hit them with a bit of everything They all speak English though so you'll be fine
its cd, LK1960, Sparky and 3 others like this.

Last edited by pollensa; 22-05-2014 at 11:10.
Old 22-05-2014, 10:23

Thanks debz - my French is actually tres bien so it sounds like I'll be fine with a bit of, erm, Spanglais??
debz1 and LK1960 like this.
Old 23-05-2014, 12:59

Do they have taken back the name of Little Italy? Didn't they change the name last year?
Old 24-05-2014, 11:02

Default lil italy

I am hoping the took my phone booking for next week. Fingers crossed.
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 24-05-2014, 23:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone View Post
Do they have taken back the name of Little Italy? Didn't they change the name last year?

Tone I was told it was a branding issue so now on the staff's polo shirts it just says Little!

Don't think it will be anything other than Little Italy though to those that know and love it
Lorenzo and Tone like this.
Old 05-07-2014, 22:10

Default Mouldy bread and brusque staff. Not what we expected....

Having heard so many great things about this place we booked ahead (several weeks) for a nice leaving meal with family. What a mistake. We were served mouldy bread to start and when we pointed it out the basket was whisked away. No apology. No replacement. And to our further bemusement it appeared on our bill at the end! We did eat the pizzas we had ordered as by that time it was too late to drag the children elsewhere. The pizza was nice enough but not as great as the rave reviews would have you believe. A restaurant that has perhaps sadly become complacent and trading on reputation rather than service or quality. It compared poorly to less raved about restaurants in the town. Needless to say, we will not be back. Sadly I doubt they will even be bothered as they are so fully booked they seemed to delight in turning away people who innocently asked if there may be a table free. Fascinating way to run a business.
Old 05-07-2014, 22:19

Don't want to open a can of worms with the Little Italy faithful but that post was nearly a carbon copy of our experience.Needless to say we have not been back
anne10aber and car77 like this.
Old 05-07-2014, 22:41

Agree.

Car77
anne10aber likes this.
Old 05-07-2014, 23:21

I placed Little Italy in my no.2 spot for "Top 5 Restaurants" last year, sitting outside with that view with one of their delicious pastas and a nice bottle of wine on a lovely sunny Saturday afternoon in May (never too busy at that time) is my idea of heaven but have to agree about their brusque staff.....but as long as they are serving me good food in my favourite spot I will enjoy and they can go take a jump!....their tip won't be that generous though. I am so busy enjoying myself I don't take much notice of them. Good customer service usually goes a long way with me but I accept I won't really experience it here....but I will enjoy all else it has to offer.
debz1, ragdollabbi and blue1970 like this.
Old 06-07-2014, 13:54

Favie yes I do kind of go along with the lovely location comment but I couldn't really enjoy my pizza knowing they'd let the bread get that mouldy and didn't care... Ah well we have put it down to experience and maybe the lack of tips will one day hit home with them.
favie likes this.
Old 06-07-2014, 14:01

Hopefully holidaynewbie......because that really wasn't acceptable especially their attitude......an apology was the least to expect but to charge you for it! Unbelievable.
Nick likes this.
Old 06-07-2014, 17:53

We've eaten three times at Little Italy this week. The food was gorgeous and the service was friendly as usual.
There are some new staff working there this season and they seemed to know what they were doing. How on earth they manage to run around in this heat I will never know though!
debz1 likes this.