Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-07-2005, 02:22
PennyWhite

Default Al Fresco take away

This is the second great find (after the fan rental place), for baguettes on the beach, or tasty bits of quiche and salad, cold drinks including wine with the cork pulled and a couple of plastic cups... mum can still be on holiday, you can have some great food, and still have space for a wing ding dinner at one of the incredible restaurants in the evening.
It's open until 9pm so you can get cooked chickens or pasta dishes if you want to have a night in (don't think we actually managed to do that).
Sponsored Links
Old 30-07-2005, 16:28

We found this place about four years ago when "in residence" at that end of town.

Sorry Penny can't agree with you but everyone is different.
We were there in PP twice a year for three years and each time we passed the prices had gone up. You'd expect this over a period of time but more than reasonably so we felt. Only used it once for a pasta dish to eat in one night and was so-so.

Reason we didn't use AF was we used Voramar supermarket for a lot for lunchtime food and were always amazed watching the baker bring in new fresh supplies from next door plus of course you could get all your drinks and other deli products off the shelf. Items you just dont see in UK supermarkets. Voramar at 1pm too is theatre as so many Brits and other nationalities were stocking up for their "balcony" lunches.

Did you try Voramar?

On the once in AF did not take to the owner guy at all more than that I will not say. His wife has a dress shop just round the corner on Formentor road Mode Fresca if I'm right and Sherryfan found it pricey for what was there and that in late season too.

Regards

Porto
Old 30-07-2005, 16:58

Hi Portofan!

Saw you about this morning and hoped you would be posting!

We found the Voramar supermarket when we visited in May and thought it was great. We were impressed with the range of foods on offer and must imagine it's great for picnic lunches.

The range of wine was good as well!

Will be on our list to visit if we use the PP beach in August!

Regards
Jane
Old 30-07-2005, 19:22

Hi Porto

Ditto all yours and Janes comments re Voramer supermarket.
Always used to get supplies from there, in between Caprabo visits ,when we stayed on Pine Walk. Don't go there so much these days as we are near south sandy beach now , but still stop off for freshly made up baguettes on the way to Formentor.

There is another little gold mine we use now which is on the front past Tolo's but before Llainaire. No other shops around it, and it seems to have been converted out of someones garage as it's between lots of beautiful beach front villas. Great for baguettes ,drinks, ice creams, beach games newspapers etc. The only draw back is their choice of floor tiles :eek absolutely lethal as when wet and sandy you literally take your life in your hands!

Does anyone else know the place I'm talking about?

Debs
Old 30-07-2005, 19:48

Default re:Al Fresco take away

Hi Jane and Debz

Yes Jane saw you were about this morning.

And Debz yes the place you mention has been around for a few years .Handy at that end for water and lots of things. They used to do good baguettes there too.

Regards

Porto
Old 30-07-2005, 20:58
PennyWhite

Default Re: re:Al Fresco take away

We did find the bakeries in some of the small supermarkets, is Voramar the one by the Corb Mari restaurant? In which case it was very local to us and we used it a lot, particularly for breakfast pastries...
Was rather bemused by the window display in the supermarket up that side road where AF is (Caller Llevant I think?), lots of large roaches had got stuck behind the 'Spar' sign, somewhat offputting....
Also, I actually passed out in the supermarket one afternoon when I had got a bit dehydrated... was caught by a passing German and looked after by his wife and delivered back to family, hope none of you guys were there and assuming I was a bit too refreshed from lunchtime!
Old 31-07-2005, 01:57

Default Re:Al Fresco takeaway

Yes Penny that's the one!

Only ever bought Tonica in the Spar up there don't fancy the place at all.

Sorry to hear of your mishap there is an own-up thread for such likes!!:rollin
Old 31-07-2005, 23:44
PennyWhite

Default Re: Re:Al Fresco takeaway

it was dehydration honest - I was there buying water!
Old 01-08-2005, 05:57
pops

Default Re: Re:Al Fresco takeaway

next time Penny remember to drink it.