Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 11:05

Default Trencadora

Hello.

I am currently here on holiday. Loving everything although it would be nice if it was a little warmer.

Can anyone tell me if Trencadora opens at lunch time? Ive only ever been in the evening. I really want to go there for lunch but I dont want to drag the family there only to find it closed.

I've emailed the restaurant but no reply yet.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 11:14

Hi, think its open everyday 13:00 - 15:00 for lunch, phone No is 971 531 599 to check

On island time!!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:18

Great.

Thank you SWS for a quick reply.
So glad it's open. It's my favourite restaurant in the old town.

Off we go!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:20

Yes they are open for lunch, I think there is one day in the week when they are closed but I cant remember which day

It does say on the menu board outside so maybe go for a walk if nearby.

It is one of our favourite places anytime of the year, raining, snowing or sunny, we will be there a few times every holiday.
sws97sdg likes this.

Last edited by Mark; 02-04-2013 at 11:38.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:49

Thanks for the info Mark.

Now i just need my husband to hurry up and return from his 'quick' bike ride!!! He's been 3 hours so far!
sws97sdg, lollipop and ragdollabbi like this.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:58

Text him and ask him to ride past and read the board
pollensa, sws97sdg, Sparky and 3 others like this.

Last edited by Mark; 02-04-2013 at 12:43.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Yes they are open for lunch, I think there is one day in the week when they are closed but I cant remember which day

It does say on the menu board outside so maybe go for a walk if nearby.

It is one of our favourite places anytime of the year, raining, snowing or sunny, we will be there a few times every holiday.
We love it too, only discovered it a few years ago, so making up for lost time with a few visits each time, never had a bad meal there and such friendly staff.

On island time!!
Old 02-04-2013, 12:05

Phew, they have just updated their FB page with this, do you think they are reading this!!!

ESTAMOS ABIERTO PARA EL MEDIO DIA Y POR LA NOCHE GRACIAS

On island time!!
Old 02-04-2013, 17:30

Going for the first time next week! We walked past it a few years ago but then could never find it! Ive looked on map and now seeing we were either a street higher or lower!
Old 02-04-2013, 18:03

Here's the directions taken from the A-Z direction thread created by JH02JLh a few years ago, should help

Trencadora - Start off in the main square in the old town, facing the church and turn right. Follow this road and go straight over at the small crossroads. Trencadora is just along this residential street on the left hand side, just follow the sound of flowing water!

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...irections.html
roig cat likes this.

On island time!!
Old 02-04-2013, 22:18
Banned

Wow.......the BIG positive of this forum.

Someone posts at 1105 and at 1114 they have an answer and 'phone number. That's how we want things.
lollipop and Rosie34 like this.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:24

Our New Season Resolution is that we MUST go to Pollensa town more in the evening and try Trecadora , can teresa and all these other recommended places ,, but.. then we leave the apt with that intention ,, have a quick one in maybe bar med/citrus/can balache, then a mojito in the Mombasa, looking at the view, then stop off somewhere else , a large one in Bonys . By then its all too late . and its a 10pm meal in Brisa Marina..WE MUST go to Pollensa more in the evenings
sws97sdg, Sparky, lollipop and 1 others like this.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeMimosa View Post
Our New Season Resolution is that we MUST go to Pollensa town more in the evening and try Trecadora , can teresa and all these other recommended places ,, but.. then we leave the apt with that intention ,, have a quick one in maybe bar med/citrus/can balache, then a mojito in the Mombasa, looking at the view, then stop off somewhere else , a large one in Bonys . By then its all too late . and its a 10pm meal in Brisa Marina..WE MUST go to Pollensa more in the evenings
GrandeMimosa, There is an old saying " The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"
However in this case I feel it is the " Spirit " Thats causing the flesh to be weak
If you get my drift.
sws97sdg, Sparky, lollipop and 2 others like this.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:15

Well we didn't make it in time for lunch the other day. We went last night instead.

Walking through the old town at night was just lovely. Lots of roaring patio heaters lighting up the square. Some new reataurants to try and some old favourites too. It's simply gorgeous.

We almost changed our minds and stayed in the square to eat. I'm glad we didnt! Trencadora was even better this time than I remembered. Fantastic service, super menu and just great food. I know some people on here seem a little bored with pizza places and I can understand that but this place is wonderful. My husband had gorgeous lamb with vegetables. We had 3 delicious, perfectly cooked pizzas, a bottle of cava, 2 beers, 4 cokes and a bottle of water. The bill was 58euros. Fantastic value and the children had full price meals not child portions. I know everyone is different but for my family it's the perfect place for a meal. Definitely our favourite in the old town.
Going to Celler El Moli for lunch today - we like that too - great to mix with so many locals there.

I love it here.
And it's very warm and sunny! Perfect!
sws97sdg, Mark, snowy2007 and 2 others like this.

Last edited by pollensa; 04-04-2013 at 11:15. Reason: enabled link to El Moli
Old 04-04-2013, 15:46

Trencandora must be one of the town "best kept secrets",since it re-opened under the present chef (ex Cantonet,and dont be put off by that!) its been a pleasant change from eating in the Sq. Its marvelous value, an ideal setting,a lovely building and not just a pizza place,although they are lovely.