Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2005, 23:15
elmer

Default birthday meal for 12 year old

hi
please can anyone help with suggestions for somewhere to celebrate my daughters 12th birthday.

we will arrive in PP at approx 9.30 pm on sat and need to find somewhere nice to eat for her birthday, she is an unadventurous eater, but we are not, any suggestions gratefully received.

Elmer
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2005, 23:17

Welcome to the Forum!

You will be spoilt for choice as there are so many lovely restaurants to choose from Having said that some are probably more suitable than others for an 'unadventurous' 12 year old. I'm not sure if you have been to PP before but the main square is where it all happens at night so it is just a case of wandering round and picking one you fancy. A favourite when my brood were younger, and very suitable for a birthday bash is Tango .It's always busy ,has live music, dancing and does good simple food.

Even the finer restaurants normally have a couple of plainer things on the menu so hopefully you will be able to visit some of these during your holiday. Look at some of the recommendations on this site... I'm sure you will not be disappointed :b

Have fun

Debs
Old 01-08-2005, 23:30
elmer

Thanks for your suggestion, we are new to PP in fact we have never holidayed in Europe before, so its all new experiences for all of us.
My daughter is miffed that we are travelling on her birthday so we are keen to celebrate with her, at some point in the evening, and as we are arriving late, just knowing which direction to start will be a big help

Thanks very much

Elmer
Old 01-08-2005, 23:38
PennyWhite

In case Saturday goes on a bit and everyone is too tired to celebrate, how about going to Balaixa for Sunday lunch where you can use the pool, eat all sorts of yummy things including Sunday roast,chill out, listen to some good music and generally be looked after by a really nice gang of people in a really nice place? I am sure they would set up a good table if it was a birthday and doubtless you could contact them via e-mail - address on this site somewhere - and get it set up.
Or do both??
Old 02-08-2005, 00:58

Hi Elmer!

Welcome to the Forum.You will learn and enjoy here.

9.30 Saty is reasonably late to be searching for a place to eat and to make it special too. And as it's your first time you don't know your way around.

Congrats for picking PP for your first European holiday. You won't be disappointed.

Where are you staying? Some of us can suggest a suitable place nearby if possible and if you tell the staff it's your daughter's birthday they'll probably make a special welcome for her..

Good luck and remember ask here and people will help you!

regards

Portofan
Old 03-08-2005, 02:51
elmer

Thanks for all your help, the Tango place sounds nice, can you tell me whereabouts it is, and whether it stays open until 10.00 on a Saturday?
we are staying in Siller, and hope to just go straight out when we get there

Elmer
Old 03-08-2005, 03:46

Hi Elmer

No probs with going out at 10 o'clock ..es muy Espanol ! In fact you are more likely to get a table at this time as the early diners will be finishing. It is situated on the Formentor Road in a little side street leading up to the Square..you can't miss it.

You said you were staying in Siller so you should also try Restaurant Siller. It's a fab typically Mallorcian restaurant and very popular with the locals. We only discovered it 4 years ago after holidaying in PP for 17 and it is always top of our list now when we go.

Debz
Old 03-08-2005, 03:47

I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that Tango is closed on Saturdays. I am in UK at present so can't check for you.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:52

Hi Mallorcaboy!

I'm sure its not shut on Saturday especially in the Summer months but I may be wrong. Help someone we can't let Elmers daughter down on her Birthday :\

Debz
Old 05-08-2005, 23:22
pops

No ,Tango is closed on a thursday summer and winter.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:30

Sorry for the wrong info!!
Old 06-08-2005, 05:36

Please excuse Mallorcaboy. It's his age you know. A senior moment (again!)
Cheers!

Frito.
Old 06-08-2005, 23:22

I appreciate the concern Frito, and I hope it will be some years before the stairs become too much for you!!
Old 07-08-2005, 17:48
Chiara19

Default birthday meal for 12 year old

Stayed in PP for the first time in June 2004 and going back for a fortnight on 13th Aug. We celebrated my eldest son's 11 birthday by going to Balaixa - we attended a welcome meeting there and were made very welcome. They made Rob a special cake and everyone in the restaurant sang 'Happy Birthday' to him. Ate there twice in the same week - a tad pricey but well worth it. My youngest is a chicken nugget child but had a wonderful time running around with the owner's children and their dog. Less than a week to go before we're back in PP.