Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2005, 05:27
Senor Ken

Default Corbe marie

When we first holydayed in PP this place was one of the finest eateries on the front. Oh how the mighty have fallen.! Even though the food is ok so many have overtaken them they are now nestling firmly in division 2.They have not been able to update their menu, improve the service or create the kind of ambience needed to establish the WOW factor. It still remains a lovely location with huge potential but unfortunatley heading the same way Katy,s did 7 years ago. I can only assume they live off non returnees. Such a shame when good turns average.

Senor Ken
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2005, 17:55

Hi Senor Ken

I can remember eating at Corb Mari when we first visited in 1996. It was the only time we ate on the Pine Walk and I wasn't particularly impressed with the food then.

It was also the only time my daughter (then only 9 weeks old) woke up and spent the meal watching the lights in the trees.

It put us off eating on the Pine Walk a bit and we have never eaten there again.

More memorable meals that holiday were at Ca'n Costa, El Cano and Ca'n Pacienci.

I agree with the lovely location though but as there are so many good restaurants around, we are not tempted to try it again which is a shame.

Anyone else feel the same?
Jane
Old 06-08-2005, 20:29

Never been in there but always noticed it very quiet.

El Cano Jane never knew you'd been in there.

Not a place that's mentioned often.

Hope that cold of yours is not an inconvenience.

Your forum needs you!!

Regards

Porto
Old 06-08-2005, 23:13
PennyWhite

We went once as it was very near to us, but service was incredibly slow, the choice was very 'meaty' (even more than usual!) and my choice was not on that night... nothing particularly wrong with the place but we didn't go back. There were a few biggish parties so it seemed popular, but there are much better places and more pzzazzz
Old 07-08-2005, 15:43

Sorry to dissagree with you guys and gals but I always find the food just great, I always make it here everytime I visit PP.
The food is first class, the waiters are always very pleasant to us, I like the whole atmosphere of the place
So will be there next week
Old 07-08-2005, 17:20

Only been once and won't be rushing back! As Penny said very 'meaty' ...I prefer it to be disguised a bit :\

Found the restaurant lacked any ambience and the staff
charisma, which is a shame as it has fantastic potential in that position at the start of Pine Walk.

Do they still come round with the skewered sausages when you arrive / They were the best bit

Debs
Old 07-08-2005, 17:26

Interesting to read your comments about this restaurant.

It has been recommended to us by more than 1 person, but in all the years we have been going to PP .......... and we must have walked past it hundreds of times, we have never ventured in.

Don't really know why, theres something about it that doesn't appeal

I suspect it's one of those places that you either really like or are not that impressed with ........ because our friends go back time after time .......
Old 07-08-2005, 18:47

Yes Debz
You still get the sausage LOL:rollin
Regards Keith
Old 08-08-2005, 00:26
Senor Ken

You can fool some of the people some of the time, But you cant fool most of the people most of the time. Its amazing how consummers know what they like, and those whose work it is to create that ambience sometimes cant get it right. You would hope that the owners of CM would look at PP.Com take on board the comments.
It is possible to focus on meat and still have a balanced offering to entice clients, I am sure those of us who wax lyrical on our favourite restaurants have taken the beef, lamb or pork from time to time.

Come on Corbe Marie time to make some changes.

Senor Ken
Old 08-08-2005, 02:52
PennyWhite

The sausages were good though!
Old 08-08-2005, 07:48
jiggy

I too have been recommended CM by friends, they say the lamb is delicious , and that siitting in the courtyard outside is great!
Old 08-08-2005, 17:45

Default Re: Corbe Marie

I thought the Atkins Diet was dead !!!!

I suppose it is OK for hungry carnivores.

Like Jane , only went once back in 96 and was not impressed.

Must have been feeling pretty xenophobic that night cos the waiters spent the whole night kissing the a**es
of a party of our euro partners on the next table who had ordered a couple of bottles of cava as an aperitif
(no big deal surely) and ignored us. To make matters worse the old foe had knocked us out of Euro 96 the night before (on penalties again). Fondly revenged by that magic night in Munich five years later ( Remember the score, Smiddy ??).

I've heard was better off season ( does it still open ?) inside with a roaring log fire but not a place you hear a lot of people raving about.

BonysLad:eek
Old 11-08-2005, 04:11
Senor Ken

Default Re: Corbe Marie

Maybe its time they catered for vegans.