Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-08-2005, 08:21
jiggy

Default Ca,n cuarassa, stay or balaxia for romantic meal!

Hi everyone
Right, to all you romantics (and i know there are some out there! ) what is your favourite restaurant for a romantic meal?

you know the type, candles,sweet music & good beer.... i mean company

we are going to PP in 2WEEKS (YIPPPEEEE!) and will leave kids, in the villa with sister & brother in law, for a nice romantic meal (thats the type of guy i am )

So, will it be Ca,n cuarassa ,stay or balaxia?
S*d the expence.(shes paying!)
jiggy
Sponsored Links
Old 13-08-2005, 08:22

Hi jiggy!

I would leave all three you have suggested :eek and go to Trencadora in Pollensa town.

Get a taxi, have a pre-dinner drink in the square listening to the bells of the old church and admiring the view of the Puig de Maria and then stroll the short distance to Trencadora where a very romantic table awaits (on the back wall and set just for two).

The setting is so romantic there and with the warm August evening your partner can't fail to be impressed.

Trencadora might be a bit quieter than the other three restaurants and so may be a little more romantic.

And if your partner has what I had for dessert back in October the rest of the evening should be a dream!

(The warm chocolate fondant I think it was called - Mallorcaboy knows! Meg Ryan had nothing on me when I tasted it!)

Jane
Old 13-08-2005, 17:55
robjay

Hi Jane,
Now that sounds romantic to me. But yet again you forget to suggest the bikes, 2 jam jars with tea lights hanging from each hadlebar to light your way home to PP, now what more could a woman ask for?. Who said romance is dead?.
Taxis! Taxis!:eek now whats so romantic about having to pay for a Taxi?.

Rob
Old 13-08-2005, 18:19

Hi Rob!

You wait until I tell Caroline next week what you have planned for her!

And I thought romance was dead!

Jane:lol
Old 13-08-2005, 19:19

Ditto all Janes comments re Trencadora , it did it for me and I didn't even have the 'scrumdidly died and gone to heaven' chocolate dessert

Debs
Old 14-08-2005, 19:05
PennyWhite

We thought Illa d'Or had the most romantic setting, Ca'n Guarassa the best food (and wine)... sadly didn't manage to get into the Pollensa restaurants but they looked fantastic, particularly Cantonet.
Old 17-08-2005, 07:07
Lady Pollenca

i disagree with jane on this one as i think stay has the nicest settings there are to offer. if you are looking for a high class night wih no possibility of anything going wrong then go to Stay. the staff are friendly, the view is fantastic and the food can NEVER be complained about. even though it is exepensive worth it as it is a night worth having.
Old 17-08-2005, 15:24
Lady Pollenca

Hi Jane, someone is playing tricks I didn't write the previous message,what is going on! I think this may have something to do with Senor Ken!!!!!! He's just not to be trusted.
Old 17-08-2005, 23:16
PennyWhite

Very tough call, they are all so good.....
Old 18-08-2005, 00:23

Hi Lady Pollenca!

Don't worry - if Senor Ken is playing tricks again, that's fine by me!

And I don't worry if someone disagrees with me either!

It's all a matter of taste!

Regards
Jane
Old 18-08-2005, 06:11
Lady Pollenca

Hi Jane, Senor Ken reckons he's not guilty, may be its our daughter who knows all about romantic meals for two, will need to investigate further!! I'll keep you informed.
Old 23-08-2005, 07:37
Lady Pollenca

Hi Jane, must apoligise to Senor Ken it is Senorita Pollenca who has posted the message on Restaurant Stay! Many a birthday spent with Joseph and the gang, always a pleasure.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:35
jiggy

Hi everyone
we're back from a fantastic week in PP, & ended up dining in Stay, WITH THE KIDS:eek & brother & sister in law:eek .:eek (They said it looked so good they decided to come with us.)

Anyway, it wasnt very romantic (what with the 7 of us) but the food & views were fantastic!!! We were seated by the waters edge, fantastic views & so peaceful.

Both me & wifey had the deep fried veg for starters (9 out of 10) & then i had the beef with portwine sauce (10/10), while wifey had the chicken with mushroom cream sauce (she said it was lovely) washed down with one of jane's recommations - a bottle of Son Brondrils Cab Sav. excellent!

The kids loved it as well, and were kept occupied feeding the fish with bits of bread. when they,d ran out, the waiters would come up & give them more bread (for the fish). talking of waiters they were friendly in a quiet way & we even ended up getting complimentry brandy or baileys! brilliant!! (probably cos' we spent a fortune, a little expensive, but hey,we were on our jolly hols )

This was definatly one of the highlights of our holiday & would not hesitate to return.

jiggy