Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BACKGROUND INFORMATION > Art, Culture & History

Art, Culture & History Discuss Art (old & new), music, history etc.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2006, 02:58
Colynnshep

Default Paintings of Puerto Pollensa

Evertime I am in PP I am on the lookout for a painting of it to give pride of place at home. I have had to be content with black and white postcards in frames around my home. I've looked on ebay and all that comes up are old picture postcards. Is there any where out there that can grant me my wish of a picture of PP - be it a watercolour, an oil or an acrylic painting?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2006, 16:35
smiddy

Default Paintings of PP

Sorry ,Colynnshep i can't think of anything at the mom. I,m sure some of the others will manage to come up with something. Nxt time you're there ask around, i'm sure some of the locals will come up with something.

Question to the board?

We have a couple of limited prints in our apartment of various scenes around PP, the Church/ the Steps in Pollensa Town, Vora Mora beach showing the old "Coach House" restaurant. They are in fine black ink, unfortunately i can't make out the artists sig. We bought them around 15 years ago around the shops in the port. As i said they were limited prints normally 150 of each. I haven't seen any of them for years, they're first class, i would expect they're hanging in apartments, more likely people took them home with them. They were quite prevelent at the time. Does anyone remember them? Or could they supply more info on the artist Etc?
Old 06-09-2006, 04:43

Default Re: Paintings of PP

Oh Smiddy , you've just brought back great memories ...... the Coach House was great
Old 31-03-2007, 23:04
Gommar Goffer

Default Re: Paintings of PP

Hi - I buy quite a few watercolours (unmounted) from an old boy, who is the artist, and has a pitch at Pollensa market - normally on the corner of the street at the bottom right hand corner of the square.

Also there is a little gallery on the Calvari steps which sometimes has some inexpensive LEPs.

Also the little bar in the top lefthand corner of the little square at the bottom of the Calvari steps (run by a nice English couple) had some interesting pen and ink drawings of the local area last November.
Old 22-06-2010, 22:17

A while back, I came across a print of the coach house before Little Italy.
The author is Riumb niemri... something! Is it the same one as you have Smiddy?
Or is it a different one?

Regards

The Sea Captain
Old 23-06-2010, 09:48

Oil paintings by artist Sonya Bresciani in Pollensa, Mallorca

Try this link. It came from Il Giardino in Polllensa.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:54

Hi my name is Val (Diver Val) and I have a home in Puerto Pollensa so visit regularly. I am a watercolorist and have often painted scenes of the area. If you would like to discuss a painting or look at my work, please get in touch.

diver Val
Old 03-07-2010, 09:34

Smile

Hi there,
My husband and I both paint, mine are of the whacky variety and quite mad
The preferred optionfor you would be Daves simple seascapes -they are oil on canvas.
Price usually starts at about £50.
There would be no obligation to buy, as we sell our paintings down here in Cornwall anyway.
Please send a private message if you are interested.
Thanks.

Susie.
Old 29-09-2010, 14:26

sorry Sea Captain just seen this
yes this is the print that we have
great memories of our children climbing the big
tree which is no longer there
Old 30-09-2010, 13:38

While on this topic about 20 years ago we were on the pine walk beach in front on the Hostel Bahia . We sat there every day with the Children. At the time a Gentleman was painting the view of the beach. when we looked at the picture as it was almost complete we noticed he had included in the picture our son who was just 2 years old at the time and spent all day running up and down the beach by the waters edge dragging his fishing net behind him and waring his white tee shirt down past his knees to keep him covered from the sun and his white hat. We so wanted the painting at that time but never got the opportunity to purchase it.
I have spent the last 20 years looking in every art shop , Car boot sale etc in PP and around in the hope I will find it.
here is a long shot if any body thinks they have seen this painting let me know I would love to purchase it.
Old 22-02-2011, 14:02
Under Moderation

Hi I am stephen utting I have a mate who is an artist who lives in the port he has just done a nice big painting of the port or also can do anything you want you can contact me on or 00447785574747 i will put you in contact with him for you to discuss it thanks

Last edited by pollensa; 22-02-2011 at 16:00. Reason: email address removed to avoid spam - please use private messaging
Old 25-03-2011, 13:36

Default Oil Paintings

I could not spot any paintings of PP but some of local areas - like Pollensa, Cala San Vicente, Cala Figuera etc. They are really lovely and capture the feel and mood of the place.

OLEOS - ACUARELAS - PAISAJES - MARINAS - RETRATOS - RUBÉN DE LUIS

I see that the painter also takes on commissions too.

Last edited by Lorenzo; 25-03-2011 at 13:38.
Old 25-03-2011, 15:41

Lorenzo,
If you find any of PP please let me know as i too would like to take a painting home. If would be wonderful if we could get one from the sea/beach of Villa Lorrenzo Little Italy Katy's area.
PP76 likes this.
Old 16-05-2011, 19:40

There is a very good painter called David Mynett who exhibits at the number nine gallery in Birmingham. He is a retired barrister who has villa near Alcudia/pollenca and paints around the area and also offers courses at the villa. Look up the gallery just to look! They are not cheap but they are the best by far I have seen of the area, he does a variation in different landscapes, all good! the gallery is online by the way, google it.
Old 16-05-2011, 22:26

Pollensamoon,

The David Mynett paintings look very good, it's likely that I will be in the Birmingham area later this year and I will make a visit to the Gallery.

Thanks

PP76